Do you wear braces? Have you been caring for your braces? Even though your braces are hard at work, we have to maintain their components so that they can do their job effectively. While wearing braces, your oral health is even more important. If you want your recovery to be as speedy as possible, you must keep your braces as clean as your teeth.
Below are five essential oral care tips while wearing braces:
– Avoid foods that can get stuck in your braces and lead to tooth decay. This includes corn on the cob, chewy foods such as taffy, hard foods such as apples, and various nuts and snacks.
– Keep all scheduled appointments with Dr. German Jaquez at Claremont Smile Design. Missed appointments will only delay your recovery time.
– Continue your regularly scheduled cleanings and exams.
– Be sure to clean your retainer once a week.
– Continue brushing your teeth (and your retainer) twice a day, Also floss your teeth daily to prevent plaque buildup between hard to reach areas. Replace your toothbrush every three months.
– To protect your teeth and jaw, wear a mouth guard when playing contact sports.
As long as you remember to care for your braces, they will continue to care for you. If you would like to know more about what you can do to protect your braces, please make an appointment by contacting our Claremont Smile Design team at 909-624-1111. You can also stop by our office in Claremont, California. We look forward to helping you begin the holidays with a smile!